These rules apply to crews boating from Auriol Kensington RC or Furnivall Sculling Club and making use of trailer parking at Furnivall Gardens.
The Committee is reliant on the goodwill and assistance of the authorities at Hammersmith if the Race is to continue with the same number of crews taking part.
As a result, the Committee will not hesitate to disqualify all crews from any clubs boating from Hammersmith, whose representatives do not conform to the rules issued and, additionally, may refuse entries to the Fours Head in future years.
The Police, Traffic Wardens, Council Officials and Furnivall Sculling Club (FSC) officials must not only be obeyed at all times but treated with courtesy and respect. Traffic regulations will be observed.
Access to Furnivall Gardens will be managed by FSC so visitors should agree their arrival times with their FSC host contact.
Pending permission being received from the Council, trailers only may be parked in Furnivall Gardens (nearest postcode: W6 9DG). Mmovement for trailers in and out of the gardens will be restricted to Friday, 18 November 2022 from 1700 to 2100 and from 0700 to 1700 on race day (Saturday, 19 November 2022).
You must adhere to the following conditions:
- NO CARS or TOWING VEHICLES on Furnivall Gardens. Trailers must be manhandled into the Gardens as towing vehicles will not be allowed because of the damage they can cause to the grass, particularly in wet conditions. Towing vehicles must be parked off-site in an appropriate car park.
- Trailers are to be pushed onto grass area in rows, using the back area of the Gardens.
- You will in no way damage the gardens, including the grass. In particular, you must avoid any damage to the grass either side of the pathways when pushing the trailer into position, especially if the conditions are wet.
- No litter will be left in the Gardens.
- All trailers will leave the gardens by 1700hrs on Race day.
Please be aware that the cost of any repair work which is required will be charged to those clubs deemed to be responsible (in addition to any other retribution the committee feels appropriate). Clubs boating from Hammersmith must agree to adhere to these conditions.
The Race Committee would appreciate your help in respecting the above to ensure that the facility will be available to everyone in future years.
Hammersmith Bridge remains closed to all motor vehicles, so if you’re boating from a Hammersmith club and coming from the south, you need to cross at Putney or Chiswick.