Stream Conditions Update: Friday, 18 November (noon)

The Committee continue to monitor the stream and weather conditions very closely. The PLA flag is currently Yellow with a higher than normal ebb flow on the Tideway. Nevertheless, with no further rain currently forecast the Committee expect conditions to moderate over the next 24 hours and for the competition to run as planned with no necessity to reduce the number of racing crews.

However, this position is subject to change and the Committee will maintain a close watch on conditions and provide further information as necessary. Next update expected at about 1900 this evening.

All clubs, crews and coaches must be alert to the expected conditions, including a fast stream which will turn crews quickly if they are not alert; turning or manoeuvring in the vicinity of bridges and other obstacles must be undertaken with extreme care – avoid turning above an obstacle and always allow plenty of space.  The high outgoing flow is also likely to delay the turn of the tide at low water, crews must at all times be aware of the direction of the stream and navigate accordingly.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: